|Doodle Bugs Teaching|
1. OMG those tornadoes in Oklahoma! I can't even imagine what everyone is going through.... Just breaks my heart. Both TpT and Teacher's Notebook have wonderful fundraisers going right now to help the victims of this devastating tragedy!
For a $25 dollar donation you can get over $200 worth of talented teacher material all for a great cause.
Click on the link to donate: The Teacher's Treasure Chest Thanks to Ashley for helping to get all this together!! I am anxiously awaiting all my wonderful new product and all for such a great cause.
For a $20 dollar donation to Teacher's Notebook you can get over $1800 worth of teaching materials! This is a great way to get ready for next year's school year! I just paid my donation and this deal is UNBELIEVABLE!!
Click on the link to donate: Teacher's Notebook Moore, OK Donation
2. I can't believe how many teachers are out of school already! We go until June 11 with students with one teacher work day, but I would much rather start that last week of August and finish up the first week of June. We are down to 12 days including today. I know summer will come, but is sure is crawling.
3. I STILL have not heard anything about the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST). I was recognized at our school board meeting this week by our superintendent. I was nervous at first due to my fear of being in the center of attention ( how ironic I am a teacher right? :)), but I am honored that the district took the time to honor me.
I am also looking into getting trained as a Math Recovery Trained instructor this summer. This is a year long program to certification that focuses on math intervention and assessment. Two of my teaching loves!!
4. Double digit subtraction from The Teacher's Chair. Tracey was so kind to offer her subtraction packet as a flash freebie earlier this week. I have been working on the open number lines with my first graders since subtraction always seems to be more of a struggle. This product is well worth the money spent since it includes teacher tutorial sheets to make sure we are teaching according to the common core!
Get your copy on TpT : Subtraction Strategies for Common Core Instruction
5. My grandfather is in the middle of open heart surgery as I write this post. My fingers are crossed and praying he comes out of this surgery and has as little of pain as possible. He will be spending his 87th birthday tomorrow in the hospital, but hoping we get to celebrate with him! He is a spitfire and one of the funniest men I know. Even last night talking to him on the phone he was cracking jokes despite the kind of day he was going to have today! Love you Grandpa!!
**update- surgery was a bit scary. His 5 hour surgery turned into a 10 hour surgery due to excess bleeding. They needed to get the bleeding under control and that took about 3 hours. He did make it out of surgery and is in stable condition, but the bleeding is still an issue. He is still losing blood, but it is under control and he is in stable condition.
Now for my freebies. The first freebie is one of my clip art background packages. I have been tinkering around with Photoshop Elements 11 and even though this program is so over my level of understanding I am picking up on some things.
|So sorry for my messy preview. I was in a bit of a hurry to get this posted! Sorry. I will also post this freebie on TpT by this weekend! Feedback is welcome!|
My second freebie is a sentence structure sample. This is not a completed packet just yet, but you may be able to use it as a refresher or formative assessment.
Get your copy here: Sentence Structure Sample
Thanks and have a wonderful weekend!! Please consider following me on my Facebook Page Here! I am newer so the fact that I only have 9 followers is a bit depressing!!